Skip to main content

Garden Reset



   In an attempt to fill up a flower bed in my garden, I have added four more Mum plants along with three that I had planted last year.  Mums seem to do well in this spot which only gets full sun in the late afternoon.

     I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hoping my little  plants will survive through the rest of this year on into next spring.  And, perhaps, those blooming annuals will seed and come back again next spring.

     Last year, I scattered a lot of water crest seeds in this area, and it should fill in again soon with all the rain we are getting lately.

     When I get back to this section of my garden, I would like to add more plants.  Another planting project would depend on my finances and if I could afford more plants or seeds.  I might have to wait until next spring to continue planting.  Perhaps, garden maintenance, i.e., weeding, trimming, and watering will be all I'm able do for a good while.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oatmeal Apple 🍎 Crisp

  Oatmeal Apple Crisp  

Diet for Health

      I'm on the Mayo Clinic Diet mainly to lower my cholesterol.  By losing weight, I'm lowering my low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL).  And then, with moderate exercise my chances of losing weight increases.  Eating more vegetables and fruits while eating less meat helps me to lose weight faster.      Reducing the amount of sugar and salt in my diet has been a huge factor in my weight loss journey.  I'm using artificial sweeteners in my coffee on a daily basis and trying to iliminate granulated sugar completely.  By the way, alcohol is counted as sugar--no alcohol!  At my age, salt intake should only be 1/2 teaspoon or about 1200 mg daily.  Using less salt helps me lower my blood pressure and prevents water weight gain.      Another important factor in weight loss and lower cholesterol levels, particularly LDL, is fat intake should be not more than 30 percent of total calories.  Lowering fat in...