Skip to main content

Getting Started

     At my age, getting started, and then keeping up are not​ easy; however, once it becomes a habit, I could possibly get used to it.  Habits are developed over a period of about three weeks or twenty-one days so I've learned.  Over the years, I developed many habits--some good--some not so good.  I've had to break my bad habits by teaching myself to quit doing whatever it was that was bad.  Therefore, if this Blogspot turns bad, I may have to give it up. 

Then again, if I keep writing about my life after seventy-five and people become interested in reading my blogs, it could become a habit.  We will have to wait for three weeks to see whether I am able to stick with it until I'm habitually writing to anybody out there.  Habits can sometimes become so habit forming that one could continue without total recall of why one wanted to do it in the first place or of what it was one did in the second place.  Does that make any sense to you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oatmeal Apple 🍎 Crisp

  Oatmeal Apple Crisp  

Diet for Health

      I'm on the Mayo Clinic Diet mainly to lower my cholesterol.  By losing weight, I'm lowering my low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL).  And then, with moderate exercise my chances of losing weight increases.  Eating more vegetables and fruits while eating less meat helps me to lose weight faster.      Reducing the amount of sugar and salt in my diet has been a huge factor in my weight loss journey.  I'm using artificial sweeteners in my coffee on a daily basis and trying to iliminate granulated sugar completely.  By the way, alcohol is counted as sugar--no alcohol!  At my age, salt intake should only be 1/2 teaspoon or about 1200 mg daily.  Using less salt helps me lower my blood pressure and prevents water weight gain.      Another important factor in weight loss and lower cholesterol levels, particularly LDL, is fat intake should be not more than 30 percent of total calories.  Lowering fat in...