Skip to main content

Tomorrow

     I'm remembering to set my alarm for seven a.m. because it is important I wake up early in the morning to spend Saturday with my grand-daughters.  Their mother, Rebekah is working tomorrow, and my son, Paul needs my help with their girls, Brianna, Olivia, and Evelyn.  Brianna is eleven and Olivia is eight and they aren't any trouble at all.  They can basically take care of themselves, but someone needs to be there for safety reasons.  Evelyn on the other hand, turned two in February and she needs to be looked after.  Over a year ago, I volunteered to go over to their house after school to be there when they came home.  It is how I can send time with them. 

After school duty soon included Saturdays and sometime Sundays or both depending on Rebekah's work schedule.  Rebekah is a registered nurse in a supervisor​y position at the Women's Hospital in Houston, Texas.  Her work schedule is subject to change from week to week.  She works long, ten hour shifts about four days a week from seven a.m until around seven p.m.

Paul is a carpenter and runs his own business; therefore, he often needs to meet with clients on Saturday.  It is necessary for me to help by watching Evelyn while he attends to business.  My being there also gives him an opportunity to grocery shop without taking all of his children into the store.

My family brings joy into my life,​ keeps me busy, and gives me something to look forward to everyday.  I don't know whether that contributes to my longevity.  Being a part of their lives does make me active and happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sewing Project, Part 1

  How To: Cut A Straight Edge

A Sewing Project, Part 2

 How To: Pin a Hem

Survival Pantry Basics

STAPLES PACKAGED/ CANNED  FOODS: Baker's chocolate                                               Beans (canned, dry)                                                     Baking powder                                                     Broth (beef, chicken) Baking soda                                             Cake mixes with frosting Barbeque sauce                                          Canned dices tomatoes Bread crumbs                                                       Canned fruit (plain or seasoned)                                                  Chocolate chips                                        Canned mushrooms Cocoa powder                                                      Canned soup Cornmeal                                                                Canned tomato paste & sauce Cornstarch                                                             Canned tuna & chicken Crackers