Skip to main content

Freon Leak

     Yesterday, two air-conditioning technicians came to inspect our outside AC unit which is a 2008 model.  It has not been cooling up to standard because we have a Freon leak in the system, and it has been slowly seeping out for a long time.  I'm afraid our old AC unit needs to be replaceed.  I was told air-conditioners generally lose their efficiency after 12 years.

     I would like to have a new, energy efficient air-conditioner installed; but, need to wait until I have enough money or find a way to get the job done.

     Therefore, we had three pounds of Freon added, plus, the capacitor replaced on our old AC unit.  There goes the money I've been saving to buy a new Dell laptop.

     The AC is cooling the house and it seems to go on less often now.  We have been keeping the thermostat at 78 degrees Fahrenheit for the most part because the temperature outside is rising as summer approaches.

     Seems, we will have to use our old AC unit until it breaks down.  Hopefully, it lasts through this summer because the temperature gets up to three digit numbers here in South East Texas with humidity making it feel hotter.

     Anyway, I'm cool now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oatmeal Apple 🍎 Crisp

  Oatmeal Apple Crisp  

Diet for Health

      I'm on the Mayo Clinic Diet mainly to lower my cholesterol.  By losing weight, I'm lowering my low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL).  And then, with moderate exercise my chances of losing weight increases.  Eating more vegetables and fruits while eating less meat helps me to lose weight faster.      Reducing the amount of sugar and salt in my diet has been a huge factor in my weight loss journey.  I'm using artificial sweeteners in my coffee on a daily basis and trying to iliminate granulated sugar completely.  By the way, alcohol is counted as sugar--no alcohol!  At my age, salt intake should only be 1/2 teaspoon or about 1200 mg daily.  Using less salt helps me lower my blood pressure and prevents water weight gain.      Another important factor in weight loss and lower cholesterol levels, particularly LDL, is fat intake should be not more than 30 percent of total calories.  Lowering fat in...