Skip to main content

TIP of the Day, Dec. 9, 2022


      Save on gas when doing your errands by planning the shortest, most logical route possible.  For example: I go to the bank before I go grocery shopping, use cash, and then, I fill up on gas while I'm out.  In other words, start at point A, drive to point B, on to point C, and then back to point A using the least amount of  gasoline resource.  Do your shopping locally on the same day instead of randomly on impulse.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oatmeal Apple 🍎 Crisp

  Oatmeal Apple Crisp  

Diet for Health

      I'm on the Mayo Clinic Diet mainly to lower my cholesterol.  By losing weight, I'm lowering my low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL).  And then, with moderate exercise my chances of losing weight increases.  Eating more vegetables and fruits while eating less meat helps me to lose weight faster.      Reducing the amount of sugar and salt in my diet has been a huge factor in my weight loss journey.  I'm using artificial sweeteners in my coffee on a daily basis and trying to iliminate granulated sugar completely.  By the way, alcohol is counted as sugar--no alcohol!  At my age, salt intake should only be 1/2 teaspoon or about 1200 mg daily.  Using less salt helps me lower my blood pressure and prevents water weight gain.      Another important factor in weight loss and lower cholesterol levels, particularly LDL, is fat intake should be not more than 30 percent of total calories.  Lowering fat in...