Skip to main content

Leisure Sunday Morning

      Yesterday, I spent my day with my son, Paul and his children to help watch them, especially his two year old, Evelyn.  Their mother, Rebekah was working in Houston all day at the Woman's Hospital and Paul was left in charge of their three girls.  Paul needed to grocery shop and then, cook his lunches for his work week so I went over to help him.

     Shortly after I arrived at their house, Paul's daughter Brianna, an eleven, tween-ager came out of her room while I was looking for the channel changer.  She quickly found it and turned on their television to watch a Netflix show titled, "Jurassic World Camp Cretaceous."

     It is an animated, action packed, PG rated, scientific fiction serial featuring a small group of young campers.  They were stranded on an island where dinosaurs roamed and robotics equiped with lasers patrolled restricted areas.  The campers broke into a facility and stole a laptop and then, a chase began.  They ran into an invisible wall which opened into a holographic portal leading them into a desert.  It didn't make any kind of sense to me; although, it peaked my interest.

       We kept on watching, soon Olivia came in with their little sister, Evelyn and she sat on the sofa next to me.  She drank her milk from a sippy-cup while I sipped coffee in a mug.  I soon became mesmerized watching episodes, one after another.

     Paul woke up and joined us in the living room, enjoying his morning coffee.  Afterwards, he got up to cook breakfast.  At that point in time, I found myself sitting in front of the TV all alone.  Brianna was in her room on her laptop, Olivia was getting dressed in her own room, and Evelyn followed her daddy into the kitchen.  I turned off the tube and went to the kitchen to help Paul scramble eggs.



  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oatmeal Apple 🍎 Crisp

  Oatmeal Apple Crisp  

Diet for Health

      I'm on the Mayo Clinic Diet mainly to lower my cholesterol.  By losing weight, I'm lowering my low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL).  And then, with moderate exercise my chances of losing weight increases.  Eating more vegetables and fruits while eating less meat helps me to lose weight faster.      Reducing the amount of sugar and salt in my diet has been a huge factor in my weight loss journey.  I'm using artificial sweeteners in my coffee on a daily basis and trying to iliminate granulated sugar completely.  By the way, alcohol is counted as sugar--no alcohol!  At my age, salt intake should only be 1/2 teaspoon or about 1200 mg daily.  Using less salt helps me lower my blood pressure and prevents water weight gain.      Another important factor in weight loss and lower cholesterol levels, particularly LDL, is fat intake should be not more than 30 percent of total calories.  Lowering fat in...