Skip to main content

Mayo Diet Food Prep

     After a light breakfast, I pared vegetables for my lunch and dinner salads.  First of all, I chopped ends off celery and carrots, soaked this in the sink with water and 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar.  Then, peeled carrots, cut it into sticks, cut celery into 2 or 3 inches of sticks and put it all into a plastic container with a lid.  After taking off outer leaves from a head of Iceburg lettuce, I tore fresh leaves into bit sized pieces into a bowl.  Outside, I gathered a couple of stems of flowering Dandelions​ from my garden along with two other varieties of lettuce.  I brought this in and put it into the same water and vinegar rinse.  After adding the leaves into my salad, I chopped up a tomato, peeled and sliced a cucumber to add.  After tossing everything together, I served myself a heaping bowl of fresh made salad with two table spoons of Wishbone Wine Vinaigrette and a handful of celery and carrot sticks.  I topped my salad with one sliced, hard boiled egg.  That was my lunch today along with a hot cup if Ginger tea with lemon and honey.  

     For dinner, I'm having a cup of Spaghetti with Ragu Sauce and two meatballs, plus, a bowl of salad with two tablespoons of Wishbone Wine Vinaigrette.  I will add a cup of cooked broccoli for an extra vegetable.  I'm planning to mix my left over, homemade Pico de Gallo into the Ragu Sauce for flavor.  On the Mayo Clinic Diet Plan, I'm allowed one cup of spaghetti with two meatballs and all the vegetables I could eat.  And for an afternoon snack, I will have an orange, and then, maybe a banana after dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sewing Project, Part 1

  How To: Cut A Straight Edge

A Sewing Project, Part 2

 How To: Pin a Hem

Survival Pantry Basics

STAPLES PACKAGED/ CANNED  FOODS: Baker's chocolate                                               Beans (canned, dry)                                                     Baking powder                                                     Broth (beef, chicken) Baking soda                                             Cake mixes with frosting Barbeque sauce                                          Canned dices tomatoes Bread crumbs                                                       Canned fruit (plain or seasoned)                                                  Chocolate chips                                        Canned mushrooms Cocoa powder                                                      Canned soup Cornmeal                                                                Canned tomato paste & sauce Cornstarch                                                             Canned tuna & chicken Crackers