Skip to main content

Mayo Diet Food Prep

     After a light breakfast, I pared vegetables for my lunch and dinner salads.  First of all, I chopped ends off celery and carrots, soaked this in the sink with water and 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar.  Then, peeled carrots, cut it into sticks, cut celery into 2 or 3 inches of sticks and put it all into a plastic container with a lid.  After taking off outer leaves from a head of Iceburg lettuce, I tore fresh leaves into bit sized pieces into a bowl.  Outside, I gathered a couple of stems of flowering Dandelions​ from my garden along with two other varieties of lettuce.  I brought this in and put it into the same water and vinegar rinse.  After adding the leaves into my salad, I chopped up a tomato, peeled and sliced a cucumber to add.  After tossing everything together, I served myself a heaping bowl of fresh made salad with two table spoons of Wishbone Wine Vinaigrette and a handful of celery and carrot sticks.  I topped my salad with one sliced, hard boiled egg.  That was my lunch today along with a hot cup if Ginger tea with lemon and honey.  

     For dinner, I'm having a cup of Spaghetti with Ragu Sauce and two meatballs, plus, a bowl of salad with two tablespoons of Wishbone Wine Vinaigrette.  I will add a cup of cooked broccoli for an extra vegetable.  I'm planning to mix my left over, homemade Pico de Gallo into the Ragu Sauce for flavor.  On the Mayo Clinic Diet Plan, I'm allowed one cup of spaghetti with two meatballs and all the vegetables I could eat.  And for an afternoon snack, I will have an orange, and then, maybe a banana after dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oatmeal Apple 🍎 Crisp

  Oatmeal Apple Crisp  

Diet for Health

      I'm on the Mayo Clinic Diet mainly to lower my cholesterol.  By losing weight, I'm lowering my low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL).  And then, with moderate exercise my chances of losing weight increases.  Eating more vegetables and fruits while eating less meat helps me to lose weight faster.      Reducing the amount of sugar and salt in my diet has been a huge factor in my weight loss journey.  I'm using artificial sweeteners in my coffee on a daily basis and trying to iliminate granulated sugar completely.  By the way, alcohol is counted as sugar--no alcohol!  At my age, salt intake should only be 1/2 teaspoon or about 1200 mg daily.  Using less salt helps me lower my blood pressure and prevents water weight gain.      Another important factor in weight loss and lower cholesterol levels, particularly LDL, is fat intake should be not more than 30 percent of total calories.  Lowering fat in...