Skip to main content

Sick Tuesday

      I woke up early this morning with a choking cough.  As I was barely awake, I stayed in bed thinking about my feelings.  Last night, my throat felt clogged as though there was something in my airway.  As I lain there, regaining my senses, I could feel nagging aches in my lower back, around my elbows and shoulders.  This reminded me of my arthritic condition and suffering I went through while taking care of my Gary before he passed away.  My head was stuffy and ached a little.  Wandering whether I had another cold coming on, I thought about what to do to relief my chest pressure?

I got up out of bed before 5 A.M.,  made a hot cup of decaf, green tea and prepared myself a non-alcoholic tonic.  This tonic consists of tea, honey, lemon and fresh, grated Ginger root.  It has a warming effect with a pepper sweet, tart flavor which relieves congestion.

     After drinking my hot tonic, I went back to bed and fell asleep until around 8:30 A.M.  When I got up, I took my blood pressure and it was 170 over 30--not good.  I took it again, breathing in through my nose and letting my breath out of my mouth, repeatedly.  That brought my blood pressure down to 130 over 27--better.  While getting ready, my nose started bleeding; third time this year.  After it stopped bleeding, I finished getting dressed quickly because my garden needed watering and I needed fresh air.

     This week, I'm working in Zone 1: Dining area, entry ways and pantry.  Therefore, I must get a move on and sweep out the garage, and then, I wish to have a luke warm bath.  Sometime before the end of this day, I will probably enjoy another Ginger tea tonic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oatmeal Apple 🍎 Crisp

  Oatmeal Apple Crisp  

Diet for Health

      I'm on the Mayo Clinic Diet mainly to lower my cholesterol.  By losing weight, I'm lowering my low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL).  And then, with moderate exercise my chances of losing weight increases.  Eating more vegetables and fruits while eating less meat helps me to lose weight faster.      Reducing the amount of sugar and salt in my diet has been a huge factor in my weight loss journey.  I'm using artificial sweeteners in my coffee on a daily basis and trying to iliminate granulated sugar completely.  By the way, alcohol is counted as sugar--no alcohol!  At my age, salt intake should only be 1/2 teaspoon or about 1200 mg daily.  Using less salt helps me lower my blood pressure and prevents water weight gain.      Another important factor in weight loss and lower cholesterol levels, particularly LDL, is fat intake should be not more than 30 percent of total calories.  Lowering fat in...