Skip to main content

Social Security at Risk

     When I was younger; although, I didn't look forward to retirement, I thought about the possibility of living a longer life.   As years passed, I began to prepare for retirement.

     Although, not rich, I'm able to live comfortably on a small, retirement fixed income.  My fear of the future is loss of income to maintain my living standard.  How could retirees run out of funds or income?

     There are an assortment of circumstances which could take place:

1- Extreme inflation--rapid rises in the cost of living.  

2- Financial collapse--Stock Market crash. 

3- Another Great Depression--run on the banking system to withdraw savings or possibly, Governmental imminent domain.  

4- Lack of Federal funds to pay senior citizens their earned, Social Security allotments.  

5-  Corporate failings, thus depletions of pension funds, i.e., business shutdowns.  

6- World War III--nuclear bombings which cause utter destruction of major cities and/or highly populated regions.  

7- Rampage riots, chaos, civil war outbreaks around the country causing destruction of corporate and private properties.  Did I miss any other possible disruptive affects on Social Security and/or pension payments?

     Please leave your comments concerning this dire issue--your inputs are welcome!

"In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved."    - Franklin D. Roosevelt



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oatmeal Apple 🍎 Crisp

  Oatmeal Apple Crisp  

Diet for Health

      I'm on the Mayo Clinic Diet mainly to lower my cholesterol.  By losing weight, I'm lowering my low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL).  And then, with moderate exercise my chances of losing weight increases.  Eating more vegetables and fruits while eating less meat helps me to lose weight faster.      Reducing the amount of sugar and salt in my diet has been a huge factor in my weight loss journey.  I'm using artificial sweeteners in my coffee on a daily basis and trying to iliminate granulated sugar completely.  By the way, alcohol is counted as sugar--no alcohol!  At my age, salt intake should only be 1/2 teaspoon or about 1200 mg daily.  Using less salt helps me lower my blood pressure and prevents water weight gain.      Another important factor in weight loss and lower cholesterol levels, particularly LDL, is fat intake should be not more than 30 percent of total calories.  Lowering fat in...