Skip to main content

Thank Goodness It's Friday! (TGIF)

      This morning, I was in my back garden planting some seedlings I started in pots last March.  I spent an hour pulling weeds and transplanting Marigold​s and ? seedlings along one side of my house.  I had to wear knee-pads and use a garden pad because I kneeled down on my knees on a concert walkway to get the job done.  I spent another 30-minutes watering to prevent the hot Texas sun from drying everything up this afternoon.  Hopefully, the lawn-mowing guy won't weed wack my flowers like he did last week.

     This afternoon, I had to mail out my monthly payment to Consumer Cellular so I could keep-on blogging.  While I was out after lunch, I went to CVS because I had a coupon for my Beauty Reward, about to expire; plus, a 30% coupon for my total purchases, 35% on my CVS card for one item, one Extra Buck, and another $1.03 Extra Buck on my card.  And then, there was a $1 manufactures coupon for Finish Rinse Aid.  Altogether, I saved 47% off my purchases.  That didn't include the $3.99 saved on my lip gloss which was my free Beauty Reward for May.

     I was at CVS for over an hour trying to choose a few items to spend my mad-money allowance.  I get so confused when I shop at CVS with all their coupons and rewards; but, I always feel like a winner when I come away with things I need for a fraction of the cost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sewing Project, Part 1

  How To: Cut A Straight Edge

A Sewing Project, Part 2

 How To: Pin a Hem

Survival Pantry Basics

STAPLES PACKAGED/ CANNED  FOODS: Baker's chocolate                                               Beans (canned, dry)                                                     Baking powder                                                     Broth (beef, chicken) Baking soda                                             Cake mixes with frosting Barbeque sauce                                          Canned dices tomatoes Bread crumbs                                                       Canned fruit (plain or seasoned)                                                  Chocolate chips                                        Canned mushrooms Cocoa powder                                                      Canned soup Cornmeal                                                                Canned tomato paste & sauce Cornstarch                                                             Canned tuna & chicken Crackers