Skip to main content

Thank Goodness It's Friday! (TGIF)

      This morning, I was in my back garden planting some seedlings I started in pots last March.  I spent an hour pulling weeds and transplanting Marigold​s and ? seedlings along one side of my house.  I had to wear knee-pads and use a garden pad because I kneeled down on my knees on a concert walkway to get the job done.  I spent another 30-minutes watering to prevent the hot Texas sun from drying everything up this afternoon.  Hopefully, the lawn-mowing guy won't weed wack my flowers like he did last week.

     This afternoon, I had to mail out my monthly payment to Consumer Cellular so I could keep-on blogging.  While I was out after lunch, I went to CVS because I had a coupon for my Beauty Reward, about to expire; plus, a 30% coupon for my total purchases, 35% on my CVS card for one item, one Extra Buck, and another $1.03 Extra Buck on my card.  And then, there was a $1 manufactures coupon for Finish Rinse Aid.  Altogether, I saved 47% off my purchases.  That didn't include the $3.99 saved on my lip gloss which was my free Beauty Reward for May.

     I was at CVS for over an hour trying to choose a few items to spend my mad-money allowance.  I get so confused when I shop at CVS with all their coupons and rewards; but, I always feel like a winner when I come away with things I need for a fraction of the cost.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oatmeal Apple 🍎 Crisp

  Oatmeal Apple Crisp  

Diet for Health

      I'm on the Mayo Clinic Diet mainly to lower my cholesterol.  By losing weight, I'm lowering my low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL).  And then, with moderate exercise my chances of losing weight increases.  Eating more vegetables and fruits while eating less meat helps me to lose weight faster.      Reducing the amount of sugar and salt in my diet has been a huge factor in my weight loss journey.  I'm using artificial sweeteners in my coffee on a daily basis and trying to iliminate granulated sugar completely.  By the way, alcohol is counted as sugar--no alcohol!  At my age, salt intake should only be 1/2 teaspoon or about 1200 mg daily.  Using less salt helps me lower my blood pressure and prevents water weight gain.      Another important factor in weight loss and lower cholesterol levels, particularly LDL, is fat intake should be not more than 30 percent of total calories.  Lowering fat in...