Skip to main content

Where Did My Day Go?

     Today, I stuck to my plan to finish cleaning my kitchen, and it took me about one and a half hours.  I spent most of my afternoon, meal planning, choosing electronic coupons at the Kroger Website to add onto my Kroger Plus Card and then, I wrote a tentative grocery list.  Maybe, I should take a calculator with me tomorrow to keep a tally of everything I put into the cart.  I would like to keep this week's groceries and cleaning supplies under $50; except, I have a feeling the cost will go over, if I purchase everything on my list.  I better take my Kroger, Master Card with me just in case.  I'm not ready for all these higher prices yet.  All this buy now and pay later is eating away at my budget.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oatmeal Apple 🍎 Crisp

  Oatmeal Apple Crisp  

Diet for Health

      I'm on the Mayo Clinic Diet mainly to lower my cholesterol.  By losing weight, I'm lowering my low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL).  And then, with moderate exercise my chances of losing weight increases.  Eating more vegetables and fruits while eating less meat helps me to lose weight faster.      Reducing the amount of sugar and salt in my diet has been a huge factor in my weight loss journey.  I'm using artificial sweeteners in my coffee on a daily basis and trying to iliminate granulated sugar completely.  By the way, alcohol is counted as sugar--no alcohol!  At my age, salt intake should only be 1/2 teaspoon or about 1200 mg daily.  Using less salt helps me lower my blood pressure and prevents water weight gain.      Another important factor in weight loss and lower cholesterol levels, particularly LDL, is fat intake should be not more than 30 percent of total calories.  Lowering fat in...