Skip to main content

Goal Postponement

    Good morning!

     Yesterday, after researching laptop computers, I decided to postpone investing in a laptop this week. It's the end of the month when I calculate my expenditures and review my budget.  Therefore, I need to coordinate my financial situation to see how I might be able to fit a new laptop into a tight budget.  In other words, how much could I afford to pay and how long will it take to pay off a loan?

     I want a laptop, but could I safely afford it and do I actually need one?  What I really want is a reliable, cost effective laptop made in America.  I don't want to pay hundreds of dollars for a high tech machine which will breakdown within one year.

     Compter manufactures whose startups began in the USA, either sold it to a foreign company or have been out sourcing their work to other countries.

     Seriously, I need to approach my spending with caution and consider my most important existing obligations.  At this time in my life, I'm getting my house and finances in order.  Among my highest priorities, are to pay off debt within a year, and then, start a sinking fund for necessary repairs and big ticket items.  Other ambitions and goals should be placed on hold within perspective time limits.

This blog is a prime scenario or example of consumer temptation which is brought on by fear of losing everything; therefore, thinking about a business startup.  This may cause reactive impulsive behavior (RIB) and could become repetitive obsessive behavior (ROB); ultimately, turning into a kinetic impulsive, laughing lunatic (KILL).  This is a serious condition and must be dealt with at 'writers retreat'.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oatmeal Apple 🍎 Crisp

  Oatmeal Apple Crisp  

Diet for Health

      I'm on the Mayo Clinic Diet mainly to lower my cholesterol.  By losing weight, I'm lowering my low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL).  And then, with moderate exercise my chances of losing weight increases.  Eating more vegetables and fruits while eating less meat helps me to lose weight faster.      Reducing the amount of sugar and salt in my diet has been a huge factor in my weight loss journey.  I'm using artificial sweeteners in my coffee on a daily basis and trying to iliminate granulated sugar completely.  By the way, alcohol is counted as sugar--no alcohol!  At my age, salt intake should only be 1/2 teaspoon or about 1200 mg daily.  Using less salt helps me lower my blood pressure and prevents water weight gain.      Another important factor in weight loss and lower cholesterol levels, particularly LDL, is fat intake should be not more than 30 percent of total calories.  Lowering fat in...