Skip to main content

Steps Outside of The Box

Woke up early this morning, sometime before 5 A.M., and while I was slowly regaining consciousness, I remembered my plan for today.  It was closer to 6 A.M., when I decided to get up out of bed and get myself ready to go to Walmart.  Shortly after 8 A. M., I was out the door, driving down the road because today is my 'errand day'.  First of all, I went to the Post Office to drop off mail, and then, I headed onto Walmart in Pearland.

I had a $50 gift card with Walmart written all over it.  I entered at the garden center where I planned to spend part of my $50 on shrubs and/or perennials.  Spring time in South East Texas is a breath taking sight, which always brings me outside with spade in hand.

Moving along inside, I began to realize changes have been made at Pearland Walmart, it's​ different now.  I felt as though, I was walking into a maze.  It took me a while to find the stationary section where I looked for a meal planner.  I couldn't find one so I settled for a two year, monthly planner which started April 2022.  It has calendar pages, plus, pages with lines enough to write menu plans for each day.  My diet requires me to keep track of my daily food intake.

I must have walked a mile from one end of the store to the other end and back again.  Walmart is looking more like a warehouse--is that a new trend? I had to stop and ask a Walmart employee, where to find a cart.  I was about ask her where the electronic section is located, when I realized it was there in front of my eyes with laptops!  I was certainly planning to look at laptops while tbere, it was on my "To Do List."  

I found the laptops on my short list with specs I wrote while web browsing and researching last evening.  My son, Paul told me to look for certain features, for example, the processor:  He prefers the Intel 5, and he led me towards a Gateway 14 1" Notebook, while I was looking at a Hewlett-Packard 15.6" FHD with a different processor.  

I'm leaning towards Hewlett-Packard because I worked for them in San Jose, California during my younger years.  They gave us, their employees, free coffee and donuts every morning.  Do they still do that?

Now, I'm here in Texas looking for a perfect laptop for little, old me; but wait, I must shop around before making such an important choice.  I will think it over and sleep on it, before I sink deeper into debt. 

Found a cart and I went back over to the garden center to find shrubs and perennial plants for my garden.  After all, $50 isn't enough to buy a computer.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oatmeal Apple 🍎 Crisp

  Oatmeal Apple Crisp  

Diet for Health

      I'm on the Mayo Clinic Diet mainly to lower my cholesterol.  By losing weight, I'm lowering my low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL).  And then, with moderate exercise my chances of losing weight increases.  Eating more vegetables and fruits while eating less meat helps me to lose weight faster.      Reducing the amount of sugar and salt in my diet has been a huge factor in my weight loss journey.  I'm using artificial sweeteners in my coffee on a daily basis and trying to iliminate granulated sugar completely.  By the way, alcohol is counted as sugar--no alcohol!  At my age, salt intake should only be 1/2 teaspoon or about 1200 mg daily.  Using less salt helps me lower my blood pressure and prevents water weight gain.      Another important factor in weight loss and lower cholesterol levels, particularly LDL, is fat intake should be not more than 30 percent of total calories.  Lowering fat in...