Skip to main content

Steps Outside of The Box

Woke up early this morning, sometime before 5 A.M., and while I was slowly regaining consciousness, I remembered my plan for today.  It was closer to 6 A.M., when I decided to get up out of bed and get myself ready to go to Walmart.  Shortly after 8 A. M., I was out the door, driving down the road because today is my 'errand day'.  First of all, I went to the Post Office to drop off mail, and then, I headed onto Walmart in Pearland.

I had a $50 gift card with Walmart written all over it.  I entered at the garden center where I planned to spend part of my $50 on shrubs and/or perennials.  Spring time in South East Texas is a breath taking sight, which always brings me outside with spade in hand.

Moving along inside, I began to realize changes have been made at Pearland Walmart, it's​ different now.  I felt as though, I was walking into a maze.  It took me a while to find the stationary section where I looked for a meal planner.  I couldn't find one so I settled for a two year, monthly planner which started April 2022.  It has calendar pages, plus, pages with lines enough to write menu plans for each day.  My diet requires me to keep track of my daily food intake.

I must have walked a mile from one end of the store to the other end and back again.  Walmart is looking more like a warehouse--is that a new trend? I had to stop and ask a Walmart employee, where to find a cart.  I was about ask her where the electronic section is located, when I realized it was there in front of my eyes with laptops!  I was certainly planning to look at laptops while tbere, it was on my "To Do List."  

I found the laptops on my short list with specs I wrote while web browsing and researching last evening.  My son, Paul told me to look for certain features, for example, the processor:  He prefers the Intel 5, and he led me towards a Gateway 14 1" Notebook, while I was looking at a Hewlett-Packard 15.6" FHD with a different processor.  

I'm leaning towards Hewlett-Packard because I worked for them in San Jose, California during my younger years.  They gave us, their employees, free coffee and donuts every morning.  Do they still do that?

Now, I'm here in Texas looking for a perfect laptop for little, old me; but wait, I must shop around before making such an important choice.  I will think it over and sleep on it, before I sink deeper into debt. 

Found a cart and I went back over to the garden center to find shrubs and perennial plants for my garden.  After all, $50 isn't enough to buy a computer.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sewing Project, Part 1

  How To: Cut A Straight Edge

A Sewing Project, Part 2

 How To: Pin a Hem

Survival Pantry Basics

STAPLES PACKAGED/ CANNED  FOODS: Baker's chocolate                                               Beans (canned, dry)                                                     Baking powder                                                     Broth (beef, chicken) Baking soda                                             Cake mixes with frosting Barbeque sauce                                          Canned dices tomatoes Bread crumbs                                                       Canned fruit (plain or seasoned)                                                  Chocolate chips                                        Canned mushrooms Cocoa powder                                                      Canned soup Cornmeal                                                                Canned tomato paste & sauce Cornstarch                                                             Canned tuna & chicken Crackers