Skip to main content

Mid Wednesday

     Today, my son Jim and I spent close to five hours driving all the way up to Spring to buy a sensor for my washing machine.  Jim drove through Houston and then some to get there.  At first, we tried to find Sears Appliances Parts Store on Highway 517; however, when we got there, we saw the store was vacated.  

We turned to plan B and went far out of our way to another appliance parts store.  Jim called Reliable Parts (The House Of A Million Parts) before we went and they had six of the kind of sensors we needed.  We probably should have called Sears first before driving to an empty location.  

When I told the sales clerk in Spring how far we drove to find the part, he looked up two or three locations, on the internet, closer to home.  That was kind of him.

I paid $54 with a credit card and then, we drove I45 through Houston all the way back home.  If you have ever driven through Houston on I45, you would understand why I insisted we go to the Sears Store first.  

What's up with Sears?  They closed the store at Baybrook Mall a few years ago, and now their appliance parts store is closed.  I remember when Sears was one of the top stores to shop for appliances in our area.

Jim replaced the sensor and then, I put a load of laundry in and I can hear it running like a charm.  There was something wrong with my washing machine which caused it to stall during rinse cycles.  I would have to push the start bottom again to finish the rinse and spin cycles, and some times that didn't work.

I need to start a sinking fund in my budget to pay for new appliances, or parts for repairs.  I'm so lucky to have a genius son, Jim who is able to fix my appliances. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oatmeal Apple 🍎 Crisp

  Oatmeal Apple Crisp  

Diet for Health

      I'm on the Mayo Clinic Diet mainly to lower my cholesterol.  By losing weight, I'm lowering my low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL).  And then, with moderate exercise my chances of losing weight increases.  Eating more vegetables and fruits while eating less meat helps me to lose weight faster.      Reducing the amount of sugar and salt in my diet has been a huge factor in my weight loss journey.  I'm using artificial sweeteners in my coffee on a daily basis and trying to iliminate granulated sugar completely.  By the way, alcohol is counted as sugar--no alcohol!  At my age, salt intake should only be 1/2 teaspoon or about 1200 mg daily.  Using less salt helps me lower my blood pressure and prevents water weight gain.      Another important factor in weight loss and lower cholesterol levels, particularly LDL, is fat intake should be not more than 30 percent of total calories.  Lowering fat in...