Skip to main content

Mid Wednesday

     Today, my son Jim and I spent close to five hours driving all the way up to Spring to buy a sensor for my washing machine.  Jim drove through Houston and then some to get there.  At first, we tried to find Sears Appliances Parts Store on Highway 517; however, when we got there, we saw the store was vacated.  

We turned to plan B and went far out of our way to another appliance parts store.  Jim called Reliable Parts (The House Of A Million Parts) before we went and they had six of the kind of sensors we needed.  We probably should have called Sears first before driving to an empty location.  

When I told the sales clerk in Spring how far we drove to find the part, he looked up two or three locations, on the internet, closer to home.  That was kind of him.

I paid $54 with a credit card and then, we drove I45 through Houston all the way back home.  If you have ever driven through Houston on I45, you would understand why I insisted we go to the Sears Store first.  

What's up with Sears?  They closed the store at Baybrook Mall a few years ago, and now their appliance parts store is closed.  I remember when Sears was one of the top stores to shop for appliances in our area.

Jim replaced the sensor and then, I put a load of laundry in and I can hear it running like a charm.  There was something wrong with my washing machine which caused it to stall during rinse cycles.  I would have to push the start bottom again to finish the rinse and spin cycles, and some times that didn't work.

I need to start a sinking fund in my budget to pay for new appliances, or parts for repairs.  I'm so lucky to have a genius son, Jim who is able to fix my appliances. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sewing Project, Part 1

  How To: Cut A Straight Edge

A Sewing Project, Part 2

 How To: Pin a Hem

Survival Pantry Basics

STAPLES PACKAGED/ CANNED  FOODS: Baker's chocolate                                               Beans (canned, dry)                                                     Baking powder                                                     Broth (beef, chicken) Baking soda                                             Cake mixes with frosting Barbeque sauce                                          Canned dices tomatoes Bread crumbs                                                       Canned fruit (plain or seasoned)                                                  Chocolate chips                                        Canned mushrooms Cocoa powder                                                      Canned soup Cornmeal                                                                Canned tomato paste & sauce Cornstarch                                                             Canned tuna & chicken Crackers